YG just got hit with a major lawsuit. Henry Russell, a poet who goes by the name Grimmis, is taking the Compton rapper to court for unpaid royalties, according to a report by Uproxx. Russell claims he’s never been paid for his poems used on the My Krazy Life tracks “Who Do You Love?” and “Bicken Back Being Bool.”
The lawsuit alleges that YG promised to share the revenues of the songs with Russell once revenues were obtained. Russell says he has not received any compensation despite the success of My Krazy Life and the hit single “Who Do You Love?” Russell asserts that he’s requested money for his work multiple times, but YG has repeatedly denied him.
Russell is suing YG, DJ Mustard, Universal Music Group and YG’s publishing company 400 Wayz for copyright infringement and fraud. He is seeking an unknown sum in damages. Russell has also requested an injunction to prevent YG from selling any music featuring the poet’s work.
On 01/07/2017 / By Ultimo Dragon
- Remy Ma Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage
- Russell Wilson Teaches Future’s Son How To Be A Real Man
- Lil Scrappy Steals Odell Beckham Hair Style
- Chance The Rapper Smokes A Bong For The First Time Ever
- Young Thug Gets His Fake Teeth Worked On After They Almost Fell Out
- ASAP Rocky Pissed At ASAP Ferg For Using His Toothbrush To Clean Clippers