Post Malone sits down with DJ Whoo Kid for a new interview, in which the “White Iverson” artist discusses recording with Kanye West, having anxiety from doing PCP, getting Justin Bieber on his album and more.
The Houston, Texas native talks about Yeezy’s style of recording in the booth, specifically talking about how they linked up to make “Fade” from The Life of Pablo.
“‘Fade’ was just a dope vibe, a little fuck-you vibe, so let’s try something new,” Post says. “You never really know what to expect, but [Kanye] played me the song, or he sent me the song so I could hear it. And then I did like a scratch vocal and then I got in the actual studio with him and actually cut the real vocals to the song.”
Post continues, “I’ll tell you what. He’s got this pad of paper with just like thousands of ideas in it, lines that he’ll use. Throughout the day he’ll probably just think of something and write it down, he flips through and comes up with the craziest stuff, off a freestyle, off a flow. We kinda record in the same way, but in his way he’s just so much more genius than me.”
On 01/09/2017 / By THE TERMINATOR
- NAACP and FuseTV Team Up For ‘Show Me Democracy’ Documentary
- The Gore Boyz – “Kisses For The Road”
- DJ Khaled Feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne – I’m the One
- George Miller talks Mad Max: Fury Road sequels
- 21 Savage Stops Concert After Fan Throws Stuff on Stage
- David Fincher to direct World War Z sequel