Post Malone sits down with DJ Whoo Kid for a new interview, in which the “White Iverson” artist discusses recording with Kanye West, having anxiety from doing PCP, getting Justin Bieber on his album and more.
The Houston, Texas native talks about Yeezy’s style of recording in the booth, specifically talking about how they linked up to make “Fade” from The Life of Pablo.
“‘Fade’ was just a dope vibe, a little fuck-you vibe, so let’s try something new,” Post says. “You never really know what to expect, but [Kanye] played me the song, or he sent me the song so I could hear it. And then I did like a scratch vocal and then I got in the actual studio with him and actually cut the real vocals to the song.”
Post continues, “I’ll tell you what. He’s got this pad of paper with just like thousands of ideas in it, lines that he’ll use. Throughout the day he’ll probably just think of something and write it down, he flips through and comes up with the craziest stuff, off a freestyle, off a flow. We kinda record in the same way, but in his way he’s just so much more genius than me.”
On 01/09/2017 / By THE TERMINATOR
- Kodak Black and NBA YoungBoy Never Broke Again’s New Collab
- Chief Keef Announces His “Two Zero One Seven” Tour
- Lyrical Rapper Age Kennedy Beefs With Lil Yachty On Twitter
- Curren$y Feat. Corner Boy P & T.Y. – I Remember
- The Weeknd Gets Emotional While Performing At Yamsday
- SoulGroupUniverse – “No Hook” Freestyle